Active IQ Level 3 Certificate In Personal Training
The Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training is at level 3 of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). This qualification will further develop learners, who have existing knowledge and skills in gym instruction, to enable them to pursue a career in personal training.
There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and maths involved, so learners should have basic skills in communication and maths pitched at level 2 (as a minimum).
- Nutrition for exercise, health and fitness.
- Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate In Promoting Community Health & Well Being
To provide learners with the knowledge and understanding to promote physical activity and healthy living.
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to promote and support active healthy living in their community.
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to collect, manage and report on personal data.
- To provide learners with an understanding of nutrition for performance and healthy eating.
- To provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of the effects, and health issues associated with alcohol misuse.
- To provide learners with an awareness of the health implications of smoking and knowledge of strategies and sources of information to assist in smoking cessation.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Children)
To train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to plan and deliver safe and effective group and individual physical exercise sessions for children aged 5 to 11 and 11 – 15 (the types of activity and delivery methods for these age groups are distinctly different)
- To develop learners’ knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to exercise and fitness and children’s development.
- To develop learners’ ability to plan and deliver safe and effective physical activity sessions for children.
- To develop learners’ knowledge of health and safety, child protection and building relationships in a fitness environment.